Sunday, August 10, 2008

Top Done



Well I got this top done today. I think it turned out OK. This means I have one more quilt to put in our Guild Quilt Show next month. These are blocks from the 2006 Hop Around Houston. That was the first time I went to Houston for Quilt Festival. So when I was there I thought it would be nice to make something marking my trip. What you had to do was go to each of the booths listed on a form. At the booth you got the fabric and pattern to make the block. Each shop had a finishing kit, but nothing really hit me. So a few weeks ago I decided to get these blocks out and make something out of them. I was able to find some of the fabric that went with the blocks. Then I saw a picture of a quilt on point and thought this would be perfect for these blocks. The only problem was the blocks looked to busy together. So I then thought I would sash them to break up the patterns and that seemed to work out pretty good. I had to also figure the setting triangles and then added borders. Hope to be posting more tops in the next couple of weeks. Well I hope everyone enjoys. TaTa for now. P.S. PeeWee hope you have a good night. Call me if you need to vent anymore.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I think the orange swirly fabric is from Hoffman Fabrics. I bought it at least 3 years ago. Or were you asking about the inner fabric with ovals? That's something I got at Joann's about a year ago.

Are you joining Judy's Star BOM? You are very prolific! Good luck!

-Kristin

Anonymous said...

I think your quilt top is marvelous!