This was a very good week for busting the stash. I finished my bamboo & pinwheels quilt. That is the purple, green & brown quilt at the top. What's nice about this pattern is that you make two quilts in one. The other half still needs to be put together. I'm not a big fan of the fabric so I'm having a hard time putting it together. This was a kit that my friend Karen & I bought in Houston in 2007. We were at the show all of an hour before we bought some thread that was being discontinued for $7.00 a cone(3000 yards cones), but anyway we were walking around the vendor area and found this quilt and we both looked at each other and said" This will go with that thread we just bought". That was it we bought the fabric kit. I decided that I needed to get a few things done before I go to the Rosemont Quilt show in April. I've really been thinking what were we on when we each bought this kit. I can't even say we drank the night before because that didn't happen until later. Well enough of that story. The other thing I got done this week was a quilt for our bedroom this spring. I took a picture of the quilt this week when it was half done. I'm going to have to have some help taking the finished quilts picture because it's 90X108. What's good is that it used alot of fabric. I was also able to piece the backing. I just need to go a get the batting to finish the quilt up. Until next week.
Fabric used this week: 28.125 yards
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added this year: 11.75 yards
Fabric used this year: 51.125 yards
Fabric Busted Total: 39.375 yards